If you read anything about food and nutrition within the past year you would’ve come across the topic of Tumeric numerous times, along with its health benefits. It’s undeniable that Tumeric had its moment in 2016. As the trend carries into the new year I find more ways to incorporate it in my diet. Tumeric does good for your body inside and out. So much good, that Tumeric’s health benefits are a long list but what I find most important that its anti- inflammatory, clears skin, and prevents cancer. The Golden Tumeric Latte was one way of getting Tumeric into my system in a way that tastes AMAZING! I think I have now perfected my recipe. I drink the Latte at night before bed and when I walk up I don’t feel bloated. I like to think of it as a hot chocolate but one I don’t regret drinking after. It’s also a good option for those that want to drink something warm and cozy before falling asleep but have sensitive a stomach like me! So here it is,
The Golden Latte
- 1 cup Almond or Coconut Milk
- 1 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Turmeric
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1 5-inch Cinnamon Stick
- Pinch Black Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon Coconut Oil (helps to increase your bodies absorption of the Latte’s benefits)
- On a low heat setting simmer the milk option in a small sauce pan. Make sure it does not boil at any point.
- Once heated slowly whisk in one at a time the Honey, Turmeric, Ginger, Vanilla and Pepper until it dissolves. Then, simmer for 10 minutes occasionally stirring.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the Coconut Oil into the mixture. Wait until the oil melts.
- Froth with a Milk Frother if desired. If not pour directly into a mug and allow the Latte to cool to your desired drinking temperature.
Enjoy! xx Shannon